Outstanding research is a critical foundation of an innovative and modern society. The University of Western Australia (UWA) is one of Australia’s leading universities and has an international reputation for excellence in teaching, learning and research with nearly 24,000 students enrolled.
Established in 1911, the University’s vision is to create the next generation of global leaders through experience-rich education and world-leading, trustworthy research.
UWA consistently ranks in the top 1% of the world’s universities. Based in Perth, Western Australia, UWA benefits from vital research funding which enables them to translate our research into tangible benefits for Australia and the world.
UWA attracts the highest level of research income of any Western Australian university with the majority all national competitive funding to the state coming to UWA. In 2010, an independent study of the value of The University of Western Australia to the state economy – undertaken by ACIL-Tasman – estimated that in the next 40 years, UWA would contribute more than $60 billion dollars value to the Western Australian community through its research programs, educational functions, capabilities, relationships and investments. Our researchers tackle global, regional and local issues to make the world a better place. Their research translates into economic, social and environmental impact.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) recently launched ROAP (Research Online Application Portal) powered by F1 Solutions’ OmniStar Research providing a single, contemporary solution to manage their ethics applications and research grants.
Research grants, along with animal ethics, human ethics and biosafety applications are managed through ROAP. The system facilitates the effective, streamlined and transparent administration of research projects, including research administration management, and compliance
management. In addition, processes have been simplified and been made more efficient through the removal of paper forms and automated sign off.
ROAP will provide researchers, committee members and approvers with up-to-date information regarding the status of all applications in real-time. Streamlined online application and electronic approval processes mean more time for researchers to do what they do best while providing substantial staff resource capacity savings and a better user experience for every stakeholder.
The benefits of ROAP:
- upgraded research management software and functionality providing researchers real-time, online project information and control of research administration,
- streamlined online application and electronic approval processes for key research administration tasks and functions,
- enhanced connectivity and integration of research management functions across the research lifecycle (including ethics, funding, data management and publication),
- increased agility to accommodate changing operational requirements,
- enhanced capabilities for analysis, monitoring and governance of research,
- enhanced client satisfaction and ongoing partnerships,
- increased efficiency in project operationalisation and accuracy, and
- reduction in enquiry demand around setup, funding and administration.
UWA continues to make significant investment into major research infrastructure to establish, across all disciplines, a network of world-class platforms and technologies that underpin their research effort and attract the brightest minds on the planet. These facilities build critical mass, support research collaborations both internal and external and help develop new partnerships, including with industry.
F1 Solutions is proud to support research excellence as UWA endeavors to be world leaders in cutting-edge research.